Thursday, April 17, 2014

28 Weeks - Feeling Large

I know that I'm going to look back and be so upset with myself that I didn't write more weekly updates.  I've done well actually doing my pictures, even though they usually don't get taken until Saturday and my weeks change on Thursday, but at least they get done.  It's just strange how much is different this time around, yet, still the same.

Physically, I haven't had nearly the pregnancy symptoms that I had with Annelise.  The only real complaints that I've had lately are the round ligament pain, which still is pretty bad, and I'm really starting to feel huge.  I think that the little boy must have had a growth spurt in the past week, because suddenly I feel ginormous.  I hoisted myself into the van the other day and thought, "Good grief, I still have 12ish weeks of growing to do".  I'm definitely much larger at this point than I was with Annelise.

I did notice that when I put my wedding rings on the other day, that they are starting to feel tighter.  I want to say that I was well into the 30some weeks before my rings felt tight.  My feet are also starting to hurt a lot quicker lately.  That could be because I've gained 27 pounds already.  It blows my mind how quickly the weight piles on at this point.  I'm anxious to see how big the baby is, but we don't have another ultrasound until May 15th.

His movements are so much different than Annelise's were.  I feel like he moves much more frequently and for longer stretches than Annelise ever did.  His movements seem more rolling and wavelike, where Annelise's were some stretches and jabs.  Annelise would be quiet for most of the day but have spurts where she would wake up and move especially after I ate.  I feel his movements all day long.  There have only been a handful of days where he's been pretty quiet during the day.  He also moves very high up on my belly, right at the top.  I can usually feel some body part of his right at the top of my belly.

I went to the hospital lab and did my one hour glucose test today.  I had to go by myself since Drew was home with Annelise.  It was too bad, and I only felt pukey for a few minutes while I was drinking the nasty drink and then shortly afterwards.  The drink isn't too awful, it's just a lot of liquid to down in five minutes.  And, drinking it that quickly makes it taste even worse.  Hopefully I'll hear back soon that I passed.  Fingers crossed that I passed because I really, really, REALLY do not want to do the three hour test.

We haven't made any progress in the baby's room.  His crib and dresser are still in the boxes.  The mattress has arrived and is sitting in the box in the room.  His walls are all painted though, so that's a plus.  I need to start working on some decor for the room.  And, it probably wouldn't hurt to get the crib and dresser set up.  We'll probably do that when we get back from vacation, which is in a little over two weeks.  We need to finish cleaning out his closet also.  I have a ton of clothes for him, but they are all still in bags until Drew cleans out the clothes of his that he's left in there.

As far as names go, we think we have it narrowed down to two.  I sort of want a three syllable name since Annelise has a three syllable one.  Weird, I know.  As soon as we land on one for sure, we'll share, but not until we know.  Hopefully, that will be soon since I need to order his baby book and I want it personalized.

Annelise is still infatuated with my belly and will constantly point to it and kiss it.  She doesn't really want to put her hand on it and wait for him to kick anymore, but she will rub my belly.  She also will growl at my belly sometimes.  Weirdo!  I really do think that she is just going to love him to pieces when he comes out.

No comments: