Saturday, October 6, 2012

Meeting New Friends

During my infertility struggle, I joined a message board that dealt specifically with infertility.  After being a member of this board for quite a few months, a bunch of us girls decided to make a group on Facebook and get to know one another better.  We created a bond that is priceless.  It made something that is so incredibly difficult to go through, a little bit easier knowing that there were others that "got it".  They knew what to say, and more importantly, what NOT to say.  These girls even sent me an incredible care package when I went through the miscarriage.

One girl in the group actually grew up here in my town.  She lives about two hours from her now, but her family still lives here.  It is amazing what we have in common and shows just how "little" this world is.  Her daughter, Anya, was conceived through IVF and was a frozen transfer, just like Annelise.

Heather and I finally met each other and got our little girls together to play today.  We had such a great time visiting.  Anya and Annelise weren't too sure what to do with each other quite yet, but I'm sure that after a few more play dates that they'll be inseparable.
I'm looking forward to getting together again.  It's a bummer that it's starting to get cold here, but I definitely foresee many summer outings!

1 comment:

Words Like Swords said...

Oh my goodness! I didn't know you were meeting HJT! Look how cute you guys are!!