Monday, January 9, 2012

Pregnancy Catch Up

I know, I know, I know!

I have been quite the slacker when it comes to my weekly check-in posts.  I'm not even going to go into the excuses.  Let's just get started, shall we.

25 weeks

26 weeks

27 weeks

Drew and I were slackers and didn't take a 28 week picture.

We've done a lot of work in the nursery.  The bedding arrived so we picked paint colors and painted the walls.  We decided to paint three walls a light yellow and the fourth wall is a light blue.  I plan on doing lots of accents in pink and sage green.  The bedding incorporates all of those colors and I think that everything will look so cute when it all comes together.  The crib has been assembled, the mattress is in there, the chair arrived and is in it's place, and we were also able to order the dresser and that has arrived and been put in it's spot.  All that is left to do now is small decorating stuff.

When we got the furniture arranged in the nursery, I sat in the chair and just rocked and daydreamed about what it will be like to hold the little lady in my arms and stare at her beautiful face.  It's so close, yet so far away!

At my last doctor's appointment, back in December, I was told that I would have to do the one hour glucose tolerance test (GTT) during my 28th week.  After talking with Drew, I called the doctor's office and asked if I could do it a week early, the last week of December, so that it would be covered by our insurance since we had met our deductible.  They said that was fine, and off to the hospital we went.  Once we got there, I peed in a cup, then drank the glucola.  It really wasn't too bad since I have a sweet tooth anyway.  But, it was a lot of liquid to drink at one time.  Drew and I went back out to the waiting area to wait for an hour.  After an hour, we went back, they drew blood, and sent us home.

Well, last Thursday, I received a call from my doctor's office that I had failed the one hour test.  I was bummed to say the least.  They told me that I would have to take the three hour test and that that was a fasting test.  Cue panic!

Since getting pregnant, I have to eat pretty quickly after I get up, otherwise I get sick.  I was terrified that I would have to go take this test, on an empty stomach, and not eat for quite a few hours.

We decided to go on Friday so that I could get the test done and over with.  It was A-W-F-U-L!!!!  The lab opened at 7 AM, and we showed up right around then.  Again, I peed in a cup and waited for the lab to call with the results from that.  Everything came back ok, so they drew blood and handed me the drink.  This one was the same amount of liquid, but double the sugary nastiness!  It was horrible and not pleasant to get down.  After choking it down, Drew and I went out to the waiting area.  It was all downhill from there.  I felt nauseous and jittery and just overall crappy.  I sipped on water, but it was a long hour waiting for my first blood draw.  Actually, it was a long hours two and three too!  I managed to not puke (thank God!) and made it home, where I promptly ate a little bit and took a nap.

The nurse who teaches our childbirth class (more on that in a minute) knew that I was going in that day to take the test, and very nicely looked up my results for me.  She called me before they left for the day to let me know that I had PASSED!!!  Yay!!!!!

Speaking of childbirth class, Drew and I had our first class last week.  We go once a week, for two hours, for five weeks.  I really enjoyed it, and I think Drew did too.  The nurse went over the different parts of a pregnancy, some diet stuff, and then we worked on a couple breathing exercises.  I'm mostly excited for the L&D tour, but that's not for a few weeks.

The little lady has grown so much in the past few weeks.  Her movements are crazy now!  She is getting so strong, and sometimes, she really hurts me when she stretches out.  I can only imagine how much stronger they are going to get.  According to the app on my phone, she should weigh about 2 1/4 pounds and measures almost 15 inches.  That blows my mind!

No comments: