Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Lent List

Lent starts tomorrow.  Lent is the 40 days leading up to Easter, starting at Ash Wednesday.  This time marks a time of sacrifice in order to honor the time that Jesus spent in the desert.

Usually, people will give something up as a sacrifice.  Since I know that giving something up at this point in my life is really going to do nothing more than piss me off, I have decided to do something a little different.  I have decided to add something in.

I have decided that I am going to focus on being a better wife for Drew.  I don't feel like our home is as clean as it should, considering the fact that I do not work outside of the house.  Our home is clean, but not nearly as spotless as should be expected.  I am going to focus on that.  I am going to work on planning and making good dinners for Drew to eat while he's working.  (This may be really tough because I strongly dislike cooking.)  I am also going to work on bringing more organization to our home.

Here's my Lent List of things to accomplish in the next 40 days:
  • Organize entryway closet
    • Get basket for winter accessories
    • Organize shoes
  • Clean out dresser
  • Organize guest bedroom closet
  • Organize office closet
  • Organize office
    • Clean and organize desk
    • Get new desk?
    • Clean and organize bookshelf
    • Purge wall hangings
  • Clean out my closet
  • Newlywed map
  • Clean out pantry
I definitely have my work cut out for me, but I think that it should be a good challenge.  On top of all of these tasks that I want to complete, I also will be focusing on cleaning my house more thoroughly.  Bathrooms will be cleaned completely once a week, as opposed to me just cleaning them when they got dirty.  Carpet will be vacuumed at least once, if not twice, a week.  Floors will be mopped once a week.  I will dust once a week.  I will clean off the tables every night, as they have a tendency to be a clutter spot for stuff that Drew drops.  Usually, I'll just clean an area as it gets dirty.  These next 40 days will force me to stay on top of things.

3 comments:

MrsVo said...

I think that is a great idea!! Good luck with your list!

Anonymous said...

It is a interesting idea. I, too, feel like I should have accomplished more than I have.

Lindsay said...

I really love this idea. A lot of what's on your list are things I've been saying I'll do for months now... and still haven't. Now, you've inspired me to make a plan to stick to it :)