Thursday, August 28, 2014

Lately

Good grief, you'd think I was busy with two kids or something!  I'm not going to sugar coat it, the transition to two kids has been tough.  Annelise is a typical two year old.  One minute she'll be sweet as can be and my heart just wants to burst at her adorableness, and the next minute she's like Satan's spawn and I'm afraid that her head is going to turn around in circles.  Bipolar much?  I'm very much looking forward to when she's old enough to manage her emotions a little better.  For now though?  All I can do is try to help her through it and remain patient myself.  And, if I'm being honest, it's a work in progress for me too.

Harrison is growing like a weed.  He's getting more alert every day.  I just finished his birth story book and I can't believe that it's already been almost two months since he was born.  I'll be writing his two month letter in just a few days.  Geez!

Drew and I have decided that we're going to sign Annelise up for gymnastics classes.  She's been in Kindermusik for quite a while now, and I think we're ready to switch it up some.  We're going to do one semester of gymnastics and see how she likes.  We plan on re-evaluating after the holidays and decide if we'll continue the gymnastics, or go back to Kindermusik.

As if I don't have enough on my plate with a toddler and a newborn, I've decided that I'm going to work on doing some homeschooling with Annelise.  She learned how to count to 10 the other day and seeing her excitement over learning that makes me want to teach her more.  She seems so eager to learn now.  I'm going to try and blog what we do along the way.

And since every post is better with a picture, here's the two kids yesterday.

No comments: