Friday, October 21, 2011

Checking on Baby

I had my 2nd OB appointment today.  Honestly, nothing huge, but I want to blog about it so that I can remember it.

My doctor confirmed my due date to be March 28, 2012.  When he measured my belly, he said that I am measuring 16 weeks. 

We also had some discussions about prenatal vitamins.  They gave me some new ones at my last appointment because they said that the ones that I was taking weren't good enough.  So, I took the new ones for a handful of days and they made me so nauseous.  I stopped taking them and went back to my old ones.  I'm strongly convinced that it's the iron in them making me sick.  Well, turns out I'm anemic now that I'm pregnant, which they said sometimes happens in pregnancy.  So, I really need to take a vitamin with iron in it.  They gave me a couple of new ones to try.  We'll see what happens with those.

I also got a flu shot.  The CDC highly recommends that pregnant women and their spouses get flu shots.  Drew refused.  I'm pretty sure that the nurse was having a race to see how quickly she could plunge the stuff into me.  It burned a lot, and now my arm is pretty sore.

We listened to the baby's heartbeat and it was in the 150s.  Dr. M says that means a girl.  We have the anatomy scan ultrasound at our next appointment on November 17th.  I just can't wait to find out if we will be having a son or a daughter. 

No comments: