Wednesday, October 19, 2011

17 Weeks: First Baby Purchase

I have a little catching up to do since I missed an update for weeks 15 and 16.  I'm not going to make any promises, but I really hope not to miss any more weeks.  The baby is the size of an onion this week.
I think that I'm beginning to sprout a little bump.  It's a little more noticeable bare belly.  My pre-pregnancy pants are starting to get uncomfortable.  I've had some minor meltdowns trying to find maternity jeans.  The smallest size that any particular store carries is sooooo long and sooooo big!  I could practically fit another person in there with me.

Drew and I went to the Huntley Outlet Mall to go to the Motherhood Maternity outlet on Sunday.  I was able to find a pair of jeans that weren't too horrible, but, of course, they didn't have my size.  I tried on a "long" pair and I really needed a "regular" pair.  They were able to order them for me and have them shipped to me.  Of course, once they got here, they were not like how they were in the store.  They feel like they are way bigger than what they were at the store.  I'm seriously at my wits end with maternity jeans!

We have made our first baby purchase!  Drew and I went to Babies R Us a few weeks ago to begin looking for cribs, and we fell in love with one.  I swear I heard choir angels sing when I saw it!  Well, apparently a ton of other people love that particular too, because were so back ordered that BRU couldn't even order it from the manufacturer.  No big deal, we thought.  I was only 10 weeks at the time.  There was still plenty of time to order a crib.  Long about week 15, we went back to the store to see if there was another crib that I could love as much.  There wasn't.  I wanted that one.  We asked about the crib again and they were still unable to order it.  The lady that we talked to let us know that I could leave my name and number and they would call me if the crib became available.  On Thursday, the 13th, BRU called me to let me know that the crib was available!  Cue "Hallelujah" chorus.  We went into the store that day to order it and now we're just waiting for it to arrive.

It was so surreal to be sitting in that store and ordering a crib.  A crib for our baby.  I would have been sobbing if I hadn't been so excited.

Physically, I'm feeling pretty good.  I've been sleeping with my Snoogle and I definitely think that it helps me sleep better.  I wake up about twice a night to go pee, which isn't too awful.  I miss sleeping all the way through the night though.  I'm basically back to my pre-pregnancy weight.  I lost 5 or 6 pounds from being so sick in the first trimester.

I'm also pretty sure that I've been feeling the baby move this past week.  It feels like bubbles popping.  So cool!

1 comment:

Grandma~rella said...

Awieee! Just look at your little baby bump! Such a truly, amazing sight <3 How exciting to also see you're feeling little 'bubbles' and what a precious description of those first little "hello Mommy, it's ME!" signs. Even after all these years, my baby is 28 years old, I still recall those magical feelings. Honey, I can't even begin to tell you how happy I am for you!! Was getting worried though, because I hadn't seen any recent updates. Now~I can wipe the sweat from my brow! ha!

So~have you thought of a nursery theme yet? Because I really wanna make something for baby. When you decide on colors, please, please let me know :) And again~THANK YOU for allowing me to share in your amazing journey! Sending lots and lots of thought's, prayers and (((HUGS))) your way!
G'Ma Cindy :)