Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Stuck

After work today, I had my first appointment for acupuncture. When I was doing some research on endometriosis, I found a site that said that acupuncture was recommended for some management of symptoms. I decided to pursue this option. Hey, at this point, I'm willing to try anything to fix me.

When I arrived, the doctor, who is a chiropractor, first did some chiropractic assessments. He soon discovered that my hips are misaligned. He took some pictures of my back and pelvis. When I saw the pictures, I could definitely see that my right hip sits higher than my left hip.

He then put me in another room to do the acupuncture. This appointment was just a first appointment in order to "shock" my nerves, rid my body of toxins, and get ready for more acupuncture. He put a needle in my ankle, knee, wrist, and hand on each of my body, for a total of 8 needles. Completely unpainful. For the most part. My right wrist and hand was a little sensitive, but it was really just an achy feeling. After he inserted the needles, he covered me with a sheet, shut the lights off, and left me alone to relax. I laid in there for about 20 minutes or so.

My next appointment is Monday. Do you want to know what impresses me? He actually called me tonight to check up on me. He told me that he's going to look over my information and write up my reports. How awesome is that? I can't believe he called to check up on me. Nice!

2 comments:

Dana said...

You think that it worked? I have been told one shoulder is higher that the other. I wonder if this would help.

Tania said...

I don't know yet. I don't feel any different after this first appointment, which I assume is normal. I'm definitely going to give it at least a few more times before I think an opinion about it. He did say that my hips being misaligned would make it hard to carry and deliver a baby. He's writing up some reports and I should know a bunch more on Monday. Stay tuned, LOL!!