Sunday, March 28, 2010

A Sister Type of Weekend

My sister, Rachel, was in desperate need of some girl/sister time this week. I found out that Drew was going to do some contracting work all day on Saturday, so I asked her if she wanted to go to the mall and spend the night. She, of course, happily agreed.

Rachel has never been to Gurnee Mills mall, so I told her that we'd go there. To say that she was stoked is an understatement. We got there around 12:30 and, since I was famished, went to lunch at Rainforest Cafe, where she had never been either. We had crappy service. End of story.

I usually try to stay out of the stores that we have here, but the display right inside the door at Victoria's Secret caught my eye. There were mannequins and a table filled with White Sox and Cubs merchandise. And that's when I saw it. This amazing little shirt. And since Drew is a die hard Cubs fan, it couldn't be more appropriate. How cute is that shirt? I was just giddy over it and I couldn't wait to come home and show Drew.

Drew worked all day today, as usual, so Rachel and I spent the day together again. We ran to our mall here because I wanted to get my rings cleaned and we went into another clothes store. And Rachel talked me into buying a pair of skinny jeans. Me! In skinny jeans.

Now, yes, I know I'm thin. But I don't usually wear pants that are that tight. Or short. Or tight. They feel like they are spray painted on me. But Rachel said they look cute. And I'm all about looking cute. Now I just have to find some flats. When did I get so old?

I had the best time with my sister this weekend. I so wish that we could spend more time together like this. And with Drew's new job, it may be very possible. If she wants to spend time with her old sister that is.

No comments: