Saturday, November 21, 2009

No More Secrets

If you remember here, I told you that I had a lot going on, but I couldn't reveal anything just yet. Well, the time has come. I can spill the beans.

As you probably know, I've worked at a bank since July 2007. I have never really enjoyed my job there. I enjoyed the work, but I, in no way, enjoyed the sales aspect of it. Hated it actually! Guess what? I got a new job. I was offered the position in September and have just been working both jobs since they are both part time.

Drew and I have decided that we want to go to Georgia for Thanksgiving again this year. We went in 2007, but we weren't able to go last year because of the wedding. Once I found out that the new job gave us the day after Thanksgiving off, we decided that we simply couldn't miss it again this year.

I worked my last day at the bank yesterday. It's sad to leave, but good to move on. I was promised to go full time in December at the new job. But have recently found out that it may not happen until January now. But we knew that, right? Companies always make promises and very rarely follow through. Oh, what I wouldn't give to work for a company that actually said what they meant and meant what they said.

No comments: