Sunday, November 15, 2009

Could It Really Be Over?

Last Thursday, November 5, Drew and I went back to the doctor for a follow up appointment after my surgery. I don't think that I had ever been so excited to go to the doctor. I never got the opportunity to talk to her after the surgery, so I was anxious to hear things from her and to be able to ask some of the questions that I had been having.

Dr. H showed me the pictures that she took during the surgery. Boy, were those interesting! I honestly had no idea what I was looking at, but she went through them and pointed out things to Drew and me. I basically just took her word for it. She showed me the spots where I have endometriosis. She said that I have Stage 4, which is the worse there is. She discussed with me everything that she told Drew and my mom after the surgery. We basically decided that doing continuous birth control to stop my periods would be the best decision for right now. She told me that I had to wait until the Sunday after my next period to start. Dr. H then said that I would probably have one more bad period then.

I am extremely happy to report that I am finishing up my cycle and I was not sick at all. Not even a little bit!!! This is such good news to me. That also means that I'll be taking my first birth control pill tonight.

I'm really nervous about it. The pharmacy tech said that I would probably be nauseous with it, so it would be best to take it at night so that I could sleep through it. I'm just praying that God lays his hand over and protects me. I don't want to feel sick anymore from all this stuff. I just want to feel better, normal.

I want to say a huge thank you to all of my family and friends who have called or written to see how I've been feeling. I can't express to you how much it has meant to me!

No comments: