Friday, October 3, 2008

A Long Overdue Meeting

Tonight, my mom came over for dinner with Drew and me. Her boyfriend also came too. Her boyfriend that she's been dating for at least a year and a half and this is the first time I'm meeting him.

Why, do you ask, is this the first time that I am meeting him? Well, basically because it's three weeks before my wedding and meeting him on my wedding day (or the day before) would probably be inappropriate. Seriously folks, if it wasn't for the wedding, I probably would still not have met him.

Rachel and Greg have already met him. Don't even get me started on that!

So how did the meeting go? Fine, I guess. I really didn't say a whole lot. Darrell (the boyfriend) and Drew spent most of the time talking. Which seemed a little odd to me. Why did Darrell want to talk to Drew so much? It's not Drew he's got to impress, it's me!! Maybe he felt that if him and Drew hit it off, he'd have an easier time with me.

Ok, don't get me wrong, I'm not setting out to dislike the guy. It will just be a harder trip with me than it probably will be with anybody else. I wonder what my mom has said about me to him, and if he already has some judgements of me.

I guess I feel like I have all these thoughts bouncing around my head. And it would be super nice to talk to Drew, but what do you think he's doing? Nope, he's not working. But he is snoring away on the couch next to me. Doesn't he know that I want to talk about things?? Oh well, he wouldn't really understand it anyways. There is really only ONE person who would.....

No comments: